Last updated: May 2021
We believe you can make a positive contribution to our online communities, and we want to hear your voice. We welcome your questions and commentary, including constructive feedback, and relevant, respectful posts on our social media pages. We hope users will share, discuss, and discover information and ideas through our social networks and connect with other like-minded individuals. In order to keep our communities and conversations focused, we’ve established the following Community Guidelines.
If you post to one of our social media channels, or otherwise respond or comment on one of our posts, you are agreeing to abide by these guidelines, which apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions and other legal notices that are provided by us and/or the owner of the social media platform.
Be Respectful and Stay on Topic
First and foremost, we ask that everyone show respect for other members of our social media communities. Please remember to post content that is both relevant and respectful to us and our community, and is not inappropriate, off-topic, abusive, harassing, profane, or promoting/soliciting third-party sites, initiatives or products. We reserve the right to remove any posts that don’t adhere to our guidelines and to block anyone who violates them repeatedly.
Topics & Content
Because we are a public company in a regulated industry, there are certain topics we won’t be able or willing to talk about on our social media channels, and some of your discussions may need to be redirected or curtailed for the same reason. The following content (including images, videos and links) is not acceptable and will be removed:
- Content that is abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
- Content that is fraudulent, deceptive, libelous, misleading or unlawful
- Content that is defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or depicting violence
- Content that is hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, age, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual preference or orientation, nationality or political beliefs
- Content that is sexually explicit or pornographic
- Content that references criminal or illegal activity
- Content about specific products or treatment options
- Posts that are excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the community or are SPAM-like in nature
- Posts containing viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people’s computers
- Posts containing proprietary, confidential, sensitive or non-public information about, or related to, Esperion or any other person or company
- Posts containing inappropriate comments or inferences about our competitors
- Posts sharing personal information including the names of any individuals, and/or other information that could allow anyone to identify the individual(s)
- Posts selling or soliciting consultation, services or products from an individual or a third- party
We strive to make our social media channels a safe place where everyone feels free to share. Therefore, we will monitor, edit, delete, and/or hide comments that we find to be inappropriate or in violation of these guidelines. We may also block users who violate the rules or otherwise abuse our online communities. Your comment, response, or other posting may also be submitted to law enforcement if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to detect and prevent fraud or to protect the safety of the public or an individual.
Please keep in mind that because our social media profiles are public and anyone can engage with us, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own. We cannot certify or validate the accuracy of statements made by others, and opinions expressed by outside users on our social media properties are not representative of the opinions of Esperion.
Due to unique legal and regulatory requirements, we cannot offer medical advice or otherwise engage in the promotion of or discussion about specific products or treatment options — ours or other companies’ — on our social media channels. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
The Esperion social media channels are not the place to report medical adverse events and reactions. Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist. Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. To report suspected adverse reactions, contact Esperion at 833-377-7633 (833 ESPRMED) or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
We do not aim to store your social media profile unique ID, email or other personal details, however, should you accidentally include an adverse event report in your post, we may need to store your information, such as your name and location, and contact you to get more details. This is due to regulatory requirements concerning safety reporting.
- We reserve the right to change, remove, or deny access to the content on our pages and are not responsible for any consequences you may experience as a result. Content we post is believed to be reliable at the time it is made public, however we cannot guarantee any information is complete or accurate at all times.
- We reserve the right to remove any of our social media platform accounts and its contents at any time. Please check often for updates, as we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify these Community Guidelines at any time. Your use of our social media channels indicates your acceptance of any revisions to these terms. Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Therefore, Esperion may take any actions it deems appropriate to ensure our channels are not disrupted or abused in any way.